Positive Effects of Pedicures
In life, it is important to treat yourself. Sometimes when we treat ourselves, it also benefits our health. This is especially true for our feet. We use our feet to stay mobile and enjoy the day to day activities. As such, they often do not get much of a break. Sometimes we completely forget about our feet. That is why it is important to take care of them and give them a little tender love and care every now and then.
One great way to do that is to go to your local spa or nail salon and make an appointment for a pedicure. Not only is a pedicure relaxing but it can also improve the health of your feet. Here’s how:
1. Ability to detect foot problems early – Getting a pedicure gives you and the salon specialist an opportunity to examine your feet and get a good idea of their condition. When they see the feet, they can point out any wounds, lesions, or other problems that come to their attention.
2. You have less of a chance of getting an infection – Getting a pedicure means giving yourself some maintenance. Your nails get cut, your feet are clean and that means they are also at a much lower risk for infection.
3. Your skin won’t be dry – Pedicures allow the feet to lock in much-needed moisture. This moisture allows the foot to avoid calluses, corns, and dry cracked heels.
4. It exfoliates the feet – When you get a pedicure, they often use a pumice stone to exfoliate the feet. This prevents dry skin from building up and causing bunions and corns. Not only will your feet look better, they will feel better.
5. Good for circulation – Pedicures promote good circulation. The massage at the end increases blood flow which can decrease pain.
6. Relieves stress – Pedicures can be very relaxing. As you get pampered, you can feel your stress melt away, which is great for your emotional and physical wellbeing.
If your feet haven’t had a lot of attention and you do not want to go out to the salon, consider visiting a podiatrist to examine your feet regularly instead. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Call Dr. Andrew H. Cohen of Mid-Michigan Foot & Ankle Center, located in Saginaw and Bay City, Michigan. Call 989-790-8009 or make an appointment online today. Don’t suffer from the after-effects of a pedicure gone wrong.